Festival Profits Support Local Organizations
Since its inception, all proceeds from the Festival are returned to the community, to both charitable and not-for-profit organizations. In 2001, the Festival was the proud recipient of the Outstanding Philanthropic Action award from the Foundation for Rural Living. And, at the completion of the 2015 Festival, the total monies raised for these community groups surpassed the 1.6 million dollar mark.
The 2018 Sponsor Appreciation and Grant Disbursement was a success. Many local community agencies and services were supported because of the hard work and contributions of our many Sponsors & Volunteers. Thank you for your continued commitment to the Elmira Maple Syrup Festival.
Traditionally, 40% of the profits are allocated annually to Elmira District Community Living with the remaining amounts shared among selected organizations.
For our 54th Festival in 2018 we were very pleased to allocate $45,000 in support to the following community organizations:
- Elmira District Community Living
- 1st Elmira Scout Group
- Community Care Concepts
- Friends of Guiding
- Kiwanis Transit
- Maple Syrup Museum of Ontario
- YWCA of KW
- Woolwich Community Services
- Woolwich Counselling Services
- Child Witness Centre
- Women’s Crisis Services of Waterloo Region
- Region of Waterloo Library
- Elmira Theatre Company
- Elmira Community Nursery School
- St. Teresa of Avila School Council
- John Mahood Public School Parent Council
- Pride Stables – CODRP
- Riverside Public School Parent Council
- Woolwich Sledge Hockey
- Strong Start Charitable Organization
- Youth Outdoors Day
- Woolwich Sun Rays Special Hockey Club
- Transition Guelph – Urban Sugaring Project
- Park Manor Public School
- KidsAbility Centre for Child Development
- Independent Living Centre of Waterloo Region
- Woolwich Wave Swim Team
- Street Ministering Hot Dog People in Kitchener
Apply for a Festival Grant
Are you a charitable or not-for-profit organization in Waterloo Region? Could your organization benefit from a financial leg up to continue your good works? Grant Applications may be submitted until March 1, 2019.
Click here to download a PDF Grant Application.