Festival Profits Support Local Organizations
Since its inception, all proceeds from the Festival are returned to the community, to both charitable and not-for-profit organizations. In 2001, the Festival was the proud recipient of the Outstanding Philanthropic Action award from the Foundation for Rural Living. And, at the completion of the 2015 Festival, the total monies raised for these community groups surpassed the 1.5 million dollar mark.
Traditionally, 40% of the profits are allocated annually to Elmira District Community Living with the remaining amounts shared among selected organizations.
For our 52nd Festival in 2016 we were very pleased to allocate $51,000 in support to the following organizations within our community:
- 1st Elmira Scout Group
- 822 Tutor Squadron, Royal Canadian Air Cadets
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Waterloo Region
- Child Witness Centre
- Community Care Concepts
- Elmira Community Nursery School
- Elmira District Community Living
- Elmira & District Curling Club
- Elmira Theatre Company
- Foodlink Waterloo Region
- Friends of Guiding
- John Mahood Public School Council
- Kiwanis Transit
- Maple Syrup Museum of Ontario
- MennoHomes Inc.
- Pride Stables
- Region of Waterloo Library – Elmira Branch
- Riverside Public School Council
- Robin in the Hood Medieval Festival
- Strong Start Charitable Organization
- St. Teresa of Avila School Council
- Waterloo Region Suicide Prevention Council
- Women’s Crisis Services of Waterloo Region
- Woolwich Community Services
- Woolwich Counselling Centre
- Woolwich Sledge Hockey
- Woolwich Sun Rays Special Hockey Club
- Youth Outdoors Day
- YWCA of KW Child & Parent Program
Apply for a Festival Grant
Are you a charitable or not-for-profit organization in Waterloo Region? Could your organization benefit from a financial leg up to continue your good works? Grant Applications may be submitted between Festival Day and April 29, 2016.
Click here to download a PDF Grant Application.