Festival Profits Support Local Organizations
Since its inception, all proceeds from the Festival are returned to the community, to both charitable and not-for-profit organizations. In 2001, the Festival was the proud recipient of the Outstanding Philanthropic Action award from the Foundation for Rural Living. And, at the completion of the 2015 Festival, the total monies raised for these community groups surpassed the 1.5 million dollar mark.
Traditionally, 40% of the profits are allocated annually to Elmira District Community Living with the remaining amounts shared among selected organizations.
For our 53rd Festival in 2017 we were very pleased to allocate $55,000 in support to the following organizations within our community:
- 1st Elmira Scout Group
- Child Witness Centre
- Community Care Concepts
- Conestogo Public School
- Elmira Community Nursery School
- Elmira District Community Living
- Elmira Theatre Company
- Friends of Guiding
- Independent Living Centre of Waterloo Region
- John Mahood Public School Council
- KidsAbility Centre for Child Development
- Kiwanis Transit
- Linwood Public School
- Maple Syrup Museum of Ontario
- MennoHomes Inc.
- Park Manor Public School
- Pride Stables
- Region of Waterloo Library – Elmira Branch
- Robin in the Hood Medieval Festival
- Strong Start Charitable Organization
- St. Teresa of Avila School Council
- Transition Guelph – Urban Sugaring Project
- Waterloo Regional Crime Stoppers
- Women’s Crisis Services of Waterloo Region
- Woolwich Community Services
- Woolwich Counselling Centre
- Woolwich Sledge Hockey
- Woolwich Sun Rays Special Hockey Club
- Woolwich Wave Swim Team
- Youth Outdoors Day
- YWCA of KW Child & Parent Program
Apply for a Festival Grant
Are you a charitable or not-for-profit organization in Waterloo Region? Could your organization benefit from a financial leg up to continue your good works? Grant Applications may be submitted between Festival Day and April 28, 2017.
Click here to download a PDF Grant Application.